We all need more space for storing bike helmets, boots, shoes and sports equipment so here is a very inexpensive solution.
You will need
1x Vyssa Slappna Cot Mattress 60x 120cm
1x Billy bookcase 40x28x106cm
Orange Squash emulsion paint by Crown
Wicker cotton duck fabric in green by Cath kidston 1.5m
- Saw the lip off the 2 upright parts of the book case, leaving 2 long rectangular pieces.
- Using a fine sandpaper, sand the surfaces to help make a purchase for the paint. Using a radiator roller, paint all the surfaces including the shelves. Leave to dry and give a second coat.
- Follow the makers instructions and construct the bookcase including the shelves.
- Measure the mattress and divide in two along its length 100cm with a 20cm piece at the bottom.
- Using a Stanley knife and a straight edge cut off the bottom 20cm and discard.
- Cut the remaining piece of foam into two long narrow strips 30cm x100cm. Place one on top of the other.
- Cut a paper pattern to the measurement of the foam 30cm x 100x10cm add 1cm seam allowance on each side.
- With right sides facing sew all the pieces together to make the seat covering, leaving a gap along one side to insert the foam pieces.
- Close the gap with a blind hemming stitch.
Billy Book case £25 and cot Mattress £15 from Ikea
Orange Squash emulsion paint Crown https://www.crownpaint.co.uk/
Wicker cotton duck fabric in green by Cath kidston £20 a metre http://www.cathkidston.com
Spot ankle wellie £29.95 http://www.whitestuff.com