Dip-dye lampshade to create a statement piece in an afternoon.
You will need:
- Lampshade, £12.99, Homebase
- Dylon hand dye in Jeans Blue, £3.99
- A large bucket or bowl
- Dampen the part of the shade you wish to dye; we did the bottom third of ours. Mix the dye according to the instructions on the packet.
- Use the bowl or bucket wide enough for the lampshade to fit into. Place the shade in the bowl and measure where you want the dye to reach and make a small but visible pencil mark, or stick a piece of masking tape at that point.
- Remove the shade and add the water mixed with dye and salt to the bucket as per the instructions. Place the shade into the dye mix and let soak for 45 minutes, (or follow the manufacturers instructions). Remove the shade and leave to dry.