As if you need to be reminded of the star you are, who could resist making a bright starry statement like this? A really simple project, with just a couple of halogen lighting chains, a canvas and emulsion paint our glittery star project will brighten up any room.
You will need-
2x Halogen Lighting chain
Electrical screw driver
- Paint the canvas with pink matt emulsion paint
2. Draw a large star on a piece of paper then cut out, stick to the reverse of the canvas with a line of masking tape along each straight edge.
3. Work out where you want to have the lights, we had about three along each straight edge and one on each point end.
4. Start making the holes to push the lights through. With one hand supporting the front of the canvas press the bradawl through the masking tape on the reverse and make a pilot hole, next enlarge the hole with the screwdriver, don’t make it too large the light is held in by it. Press the light from the back through the hole to lodge just around the collar of the fitting. Continue round the star with the lights.
5. Hang the canvas up using Command hooks.
Do not leave lights on when unattended.
Before putting the lights into the canvas decide where you want the cables to come out, ours was at the lower edge. We worked out the middle of the total number of light positions on the canvas, this was where we inserted the light at the end of the light chain.