Don’t hit the recycle bin with your cardboard boxes, recycle into a statement storage box with Neon jute twine and off cuts of textile.
You Will Need
- Cardboard box
- Double sided tape
- Fabric offcuts
- PVA glue
- Neon jute twine £3 Nutscene
- To find the measurements for the fabric, first measure around the box adding 1cm to the total length. Then measure the box height, multiply it by 2 and add 2 cm. Cut the fabric to your measurements.
- Thin the PVA with a little water to the thickness of double cream. Paint the sides of the box with glue. Place the box on the fabric, position it so there is a 1cm overlap at the base and along one side. Wrap the fabric round the box, pressing out any bobbles in the fabric as you go. When you finish wrapping paint a little glue onto the over lap then press fabric down to stick.
- At the base of the box nip the corners of the fabric with scissors then glue fabric to base. On the top edge of the fabric at each corner make straight cuts in the fabric down to the box. Paint the inside of the box with glue and press the fabric into place.
- When the box is dry, wrap with double sided tape to the half way level, then wrap with twine to cover, add a dot of glue to secure the ends of the string.
For a different look make stripes of different coloured neon twine