It is hard to believe this side table is made from 4 wooden wine boxes, screwed together. We liked the designs so much we decided to give the boxes a wash of watered down emulsion so that the original design shows through.
You will need:
4 Wooden wine boxes
Some off cuts of wood
Set of 4 castors £7.14 http://simplybearings.co.uk/
Step by Step Instructions
- Fit boxes together to make sure they are the same size and make a size you like, either low and wide for a coffee table or high and narrow for a side table.
- Add glue to the sides of the boxes that are going to be touching and stick them in place.
- Drill holes and screw the boxes together.
- Measure the depth of the crate and cut 2 batons from your wood off cuts to this size.
- Screw the two batons onto the base of the crate, this is to hold the castors.
- Screw the castors onto the ends of the batons at the bottom of the crate.
- Water down the white emulsion and paint the inside and outside of all the boxes.
Rug supplied by Flair Rugs – http://flairrugs.com/