Create your own stylish cushions from freebie tote bags. We go to loads and press and design shows, so we end up collection loads of these awesome bags. Typography is still very much on trend so cushions with logos on them look great!
You will need:
- Calico bags
- Old cushions pads
- Pins, needles and threads
- Iron and ironing board
- Most bags are oblong in shape and most cushions pads are square so you will need to cut off the top of the bag., along with the handles.
- Measure the wisth of the bag and the bottom corner of the bag to the top, adding a 1cm deam allowance. Draw a line to mark where you will need to cut.
- Cut off the surplus fabric at the top of the bag. Press the bag flat.
- Stuff the old cushion pad into the cover, making sure that the corners of the pad are pushed into the corners of the cover. Fold in the open edges by 1cm and pin them.
- Sew the opening closed with a slip stitch or a hemming stitch.
Rug supplied by Flair Rugs – http://flairrugs.com/