You will need –
- Painter’s canvas
- Wide masking tape
- Stencil brush
- Black fabric paint, Dylon
- Set square
- Shallow dish
- Water-erasible pen, Korbond
- Start by drawing guide lines down the length of the canvas with water-erasible pen. Be careful that they are straight and are at even intervals.
- Stick masking tape at an angle between one parallel line and the next. Add the next piece so a triangular shape is formed. At this point, check that all of the tape is firmly stuck down. Repeat until you have lines of zigzags.
- Lightly dip your brush into the fabric paint, then using an up-and-down motion, apply the paint. Do a small amount at a time and build up the colour so you achieve the right density.
- Leave to dry overnight before you remove the tape. Iron on the back of the canvas to seal the colour. And finally, either hem around the edge of the canvas for neatness or fold under and secure with hemming tape.